Located on the banks of the river with which it derives its name from, the camp is situated on a secluded and picturesque site within the Maasai Mara National Reserve, close to the Tanzanian border.
The interior fixtures and fittings mirror the heyday of exclusive permanent tented camps of the late 1920s, reminding all Sand River guests' of those countless Hollywood movies that paid homage to a classic era of African adventure. The camp is an ideal destination anytime of the year for exceptional game viewing.
- A 25% non-refundable deposit should be paid 14 days after confirmation to reserve the booking.
- Balances should be settled 33 days prior to the trip date.
- More than 96 days prior to arrival; 5% cancelation fee.
- 95-51 days prior to arrival; 25% cancelation fee.
- 50-34 days prior to arrival; 55% cancelation fee.
- 33-0 days prior to arrival; 100% cancelation fee.
Children and Extra Beds
- Elewana Sand River Camp is open to children under 12 sharing with adult(s).
- 2 children aged 12-17 years old in their own room pay 75% of the adult sharing rate.
- Child(ren) aged 12-17 years old sharing with 1 adult pay 50% of the adult sharing rate.
- Child aged 12-17 years old sharing with 2 adults; the triple rate applies.
- Child(ren) under 12 years sharing with adult(s) are accommodated FOC.
Accepted Mode of Payment
- Airstrip Used = Keekorok Airstrip