The Republic of Kenya in East Africa derived its name from the tallest mountain in the country, Mt Kenya. It is the only mountain on the equator with snow on it. With a rich history, Kenya is also a wildlife haven famous for the big 5 i.e. Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Lion and Leopard, which are easily visible on a safari to Maasai Mara.
The Kenyan coastline boasts some of the best white sandy beaches and coral reefs in the world.
1. Amazing wildlife
2. Superb bush and beach safaris
3. Great equatorial weather
4. Big 5 Discovery i.e. Elephant, Rhino, Buffalo, Lion and Leopard
5. Small 5 Discovery i.e. Elephant shrew, rhino beetle, buffalo weaver, lion ant and leopard tortoise
6. Marine Big 5 i.e. whale shark, dolphins, whales, sharks, sea turtles and bill fish
7. Rich birdlife that includes over 1,100 species
8. Great culinary, diverse people and cultures, vibrant arts and fashion
9. Great geological scenes e.g. The Great Rift Valley, Lake Victoria, Mt Kenya, Indian Ocean and the Deserts of the North e.g. Chalbi Desert
10. Exploration of the Cradle of Human kind.